St. Thomas More School (Munster, Indiana) is seeking a Pre-K to 8 Physical Education Teacher. Applicant must be a highly motivated, hard-working, and collaborative team player for this position. The applicant must be a practicing Roman Catholic with a strong Elementary/Middle School educational experience preferred. Our ideal candidate is enthusiastic, flexible and can think on the spot to problem solve. He or she should have a positive and patient attitude that empowers students. . This position is full time (hours 7:30 - 3:30) with benefits.
- Establishes and adjusts instructional goals, objectives, and lesson plans to reflect school goals, curriculum policies, and the knowledge, skills, progress, and needs of one’s students.
- Create physical education activities designed to meet Indiana State standards for students in various grade levels and teach necessary skills.
- Create health and wellness activities for students at all grade levels that teach physical life skills that students can build upon to improve health and life-long recreation.
- Establish and communicate clear objectives for all activities to students and parents through the Google Classroom.
- Maintain grade books (FACTS), prepare and distribute required reports and perform other administrative duties as needed
- Meet/communicate with parents on an ongoing basis through, but not limited to, conferences, email, Google Meets, and phone calls.
- Establish and enforce rules for behavior and procedures for maintaining order among the students for whom they are responsible.
- Observe and evaluate student's performance, aiming for personal best when assessing performance.
- Work with Administration to ensure initiatives are being met.
- Be able to incorporate philanthropic curriculum into a stewardship (service learning) environment.
- Maintains professional competence by attending staff development programs, curriculum development meetings and other professional activities.
- Participates in various student and parent activities which occur in school including student clubs and after-school activities.
- Creates an effective learning environment through functional and attractive displays, bulletin boards, and activity/learning centers.
- Performs any other related duties as assigned by the Principal or other appropriate administrator.
- Participates in ongoing training sessions.
- Reads and stays abreast of current topics in education.
- Develops professional relationships with other agencies and programs.
Promotes Catholic Identity and nurtures the education of students by planning and tailoring courses of study; monitoring, assisting with, and correcting, academic efforts; providing a safe environment conducive to learning; keeping parents informed. Must be Virtus trained. Virtus trainings available within the diocese.
Hold a current valid Indiana Teacher's License or non-licensed with related teaching experience. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. This individual must be able to observe all their students and maintain discipline within the class. In addition to students, they interact with parents, other teachers and school administrators.