St. Thomas More Parish is looking for a Custodial Supervisor. We are seeking a highly motivated, hard-working, friendly team player for this position. The custodial supervisor provides leadership and organizes, plans, and implements janitorial services.
Duties may include but are not limited to:
- Supervises custodians in cleaning buildings.
- Recommends personnel actions, i.e., promotions, transfers, hires, and terminations.
- Interviews and evaluates potential candidates for employment.
- Trains assigned staff in various cleaning techniques.
- Receives and approves all leave requests.
- Implements corrective action measures regarding performance/attendance in accordance with STM policies and procedures.
- Prepares performance evaluations of custodial personnel.
- Conducts routine quality control inspections.
- Monitors time card and attendance records.
- Ensures the safety and well-being of staff on the job site through training and communication.
- Establishes priority of work and prepares daily work schedules.
- Coordinates custodial schedules with building calendar and ensures events are set up and taken down properly.
- Maintains inventory of equipment and supplies and recommends/approves purchases.
- Establishes, maintains, and facilitates interdepartmental interaction.
- Requires afternoon, evening and some weekend hours.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
Demonstrated Competencies Required
- Committed to the mission and values of St. Thomas More Parish.
- Practicing Catholic.
- Flexible to changing priorities and conditions.
- Able to demonstrate initiative and creativity.
- Organized and able to multi-task.
- Able to communicate clearly and effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Able to work with computer software, hardware and communication devices to perform job.
- Strong problem solver with good interpersonal skills.
- Team player.
- Self-reflective, open to feedback, and committed to continuously improving.
- Proven ability to meet and complete multiple deadlines and tasks.
- Work independently with a high degree of initiative and as part of a team as required.
- Minimum of 5 years custodial experience.
- Minimum of 3 years supervisory experience.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.