We, at St. Stanislaus Catholic Elementary School, are dedicated to nurturing our students to achieve academic excellence within a safe, faith-filled family environment. We work to create well-disciplined learning experiences using a variety of academic resources and technology. Our students are lead to Christ by deepening their faith, building their self-worth, and encouraging their service to the community.
POSITION: Under the general supervision of the building principal, or their designee the School Secretary is responsible for varied clerical and secretarial duties and responsibilities defined below; and other related work as required.
1. High school diploma
2. Strong organizational skills
3. Proficient in computer skills
4. Ability to relate well to elementary students
5. Bilingual (Spanish) in oral and written communication
6. Ability to multitask
7. Strong communication skills
Duties and Responsibilities:
- School Greeter – Engaging, professional first contact for staff, students, parents, and guests. Develop and maintain consistent positive open door culture.
- Data Entry/Records – Maintain professional high standard of school records, and office management.
- Communications – Incoming/follow-up phone calls, staff, student, parent correspondence. Compilation and distribution of school materials.
- Building Security – Permit security entrance into the building, sign-in, guest pass and assure the exit once business is complete
- Enrollment – Navigating the SIS database. Tracking/completing enrollment progress for families.
- Translation – Oral and written translation of school information given by principal. Interpret if necessary for Spanish speaking parents
- Cashier – Process tuition payments/Document Receipts
- Temp Caregiver – Assist with care of students waiting for pick-up (as needed)
- Professionalism – Consistently display, at all times, high professional and ethical standards pertaining to the following: confidentiality, courtesy, cooperation, positive attitude, reliability, punctuality, accuracy, efficiency, timeliness in respect to deadlines and respectfulness toward others.
- School Representative – In work, school-community related functions, and off-duty, represent the school in a positive way.
- Team Player – Perform any other duties as assigned by the principal or his/her designee
- Accountability – The employee is held accountable for all duties of the job.
EMPLOYMENT TERMS: Hourly to run the entire academic year.
TRAINING: The candidate will receive training in major areas of the position.
REPORTING: Reports to Principal
PERFORMANCE EVALUATION: Conducted by the principal in accordance with the job description.
To learn more about St. Stan’s visit our school’s web page at www.ststansec.org