The Teacher is responsible for providing an educational atmosphere where students have the opportunity to fulfill their potential for intellectual, spiritual, emotional, physical, and psychological growth. This person is responsible for organizing and implementing an instructional program that will result in students achieving academic success. We are looking for a faith-filled teacher who has a genuine LOVE for children and learning.
Teacher will teach the following classes:
5th grade curriculum: Social Studies, Language, Religion, Literature, Math, Science (Self-contained classroom)
St. Stanislaus School was started in 1901 and has served many generations of students, many being of Polish descent. It is the only remaining Catholic school in the city of East Chicago. The school offers grades pre-school through eight. To learn more about St. Stan's visit our school's web page at: www.ststansec.org.
- Provide a positive environment in which students are encouraged to be actively engaged in the learning process.
- Implements instructional activities that contribute to a climate where students are actively engaged in meaningful learning experiences.
- Identifies, selects, and modifies instructional resources to meet the needs of the students with varying backgrounds, learning styles, and special needs.
- Uses and analyzes data to drive instruction.
- Maintains effective and efficient record keeping procedures.
- Establishes and maintains cooperative working relationships with students, parents, and colleagues.
Candidate must possess the following:
- Indiana teaching license (or will obtain by June, 2020).
- Degree in education (or will obtain by June, 2020).
Start Date - August/Fall