At Saint Paul Catholic School, teachers, aides, parents, and students work together to grow, cultivate and nurture a love of learning and spiritual growth. We are looking for a faith-filled teacher who has a genuine love for children and passion for teaching.
Saint Paul Catholic School is an educational community which endeavors to integrate our Catholic Faith with learning, in a trusting, caring, loving, fun and safe environment that serves the unique needs of each child. The school curriculum is guided by Indiana Department of Education Standards.
Saint Paul Catholic School is seeking a highly motivated, faith filled middle school science teacher for the 2022– 2023 school year. The teacher in this position will be responsible for providing science instruction to students in sixth, seventh and eighth grades in alignment with Indiana Science standards. The ideal teacher has both a strong knowledge of science content as well as current best practices to meet diverse students’ needs. They will be able to design and facilitate engaging lessons utilizing formative assessment and guide instructions and provide ongoing student support and create a positive classroom environment.
- Degree and Experience requirements:
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in middle school science teaching, or a minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in a related field with a certified transition to teaching.
- Strong background in knowledge of science and middle school students.
- Licensure Requirements:
- Current teaching license is preferred. If you do not have a current license, an emergency permit will be required prior to the start of the school year.
- Works cooperatively with administrators, faculty, students and parents to form a faith community in the school and parish.
- Models and teaches values and morals; fosters the spiritual development of students.
- Possesses knowledge of effective best practices in lesson plan development and classroom instruction.
- Prepares lesson plans, course objectives, and teaches in assigned subject area and grade level in accordance with Indiana Department of Education and diocesan guidelines for content area teaching.
- Demonstrates knowledge of State Standards and Indicators through their integration and use as instructional/learning benchmarks.
- Consistently enforces the school’s discipline policies to maintain student behavior and discipline in the classroom.
- Provides a positive, organized environment in which students are encouraged to be actively engaged in the learning process and meaningful learning experiences, including labs, quizzes, tests, and final exams. Uses various assessments to measure student growth.
- Uses relevant technology to support and differentiate instruction needed for a successful science classroom.
- Identifies, selects, and modifies instructional resources to meet the needs of students with varying backgrounds, learning styles, and special needs.
- Maintains effective and efficient record keeping procedures, including student attendance reports, inventory, grades, and other recordkeeping activities as required by school policy.
- Establishes and maintains cooperative working relationships with students, parents, and colleagues. Communicates regularly and effectively with parents regarding student progress.
- Commits to working in a Catholic school environment and carrying out the Catholic mission of our school.
- Instructs students in subject matter, utilizing various teaching methods, such as lecture and demonstration, and uses audiovisual aids and other materials to supplement presentations and activities.
- Supervises students within the school. Supervises students both at and away from the school when participating in school-sponsored activities in an official capacity.
- Implements school safety procedures.
- Commits to ongoing faith formation and professional growth.
- Participates in diocesan and school improvement goals including professional development.
- Completes VIRTUS Training certification and background check within the first 30 days of employment.
- Carries out other duties as assigned by the principal.
This teacher will be responsible for teaching the following classes: Science (gr.6-8) and 8th grade Biology.
Salary and benefits in accordance with diocesan pay scale.