St. Elizabeth Ann Seton Parish is looking for a part-time custodian for the parish church, offices, and hall. The custodian reports to the parish Pastor/Administrator or his designee as immediate supervisor.
The custodian is responsible for maintaining the cleanliness of all physical aspects of the church/parish center and as directed by the Pastor/Administrator or his designee. Setting up facilities for various functions is also part of the scope of this position.
Essential responsibilities and regular duties include, but are not limited to the following:
- Cleaning entrances, the church, all offices, meeting rooms, classrooms, restrooms, hallways, storage rooms, and the hall and its kitchen.
- Tasks include dusting, scrubbing, polishing, vacuuming, mopping, washing, stripping and waxing floors, disposing of trash, stocking supplies
- As part of the maintenance team, identifying needed repairs and communicating them to the Maintenance Supervisor
- Assisting in the setting up of meeting rooms and the parish hall for events
- Helping to maintain building security including maintaining task and security lighting
- A complete Position Description is available to persons applying for the position.
Persons interested in the position should meet the following expectations:
- Trade school or high school equivalent
- Three years previous custodial/housekeeping experience
- Possess good interpersonal skills and organizational skills
- Have a valid driver’s license
- Be able to perform the tasks required in the position including using email
- Be disposed to participating in promoting the mission of the parish