Under the supervision of the school Principal, responsible for the instruction, progress, and class management of all students in assigned classes. Performs related duties as required or assigned.
• Promotes a Catholic based approach. Responsible for instructional planning, including, but not limited to, providing written lesson plans and preparation aligned with the objectives of the instructional program.
• Establishes clear and positive learning standards and expectations for all students by which to evaluate academic progress.
• Maintains current and accurate records of student achievements • Implements instructional methods, applying variations of contemporary principles of learning theory and teaching methodology as needed and available.
• Actively participates in the development and implementation of new teaching techniques, and interest areas reflective of student's current work.
• Exhibits and applies working knowledge of the curriculum content related to subject area(s) and instructional level.
• Actively participates in discussions and programs to improve student attendance.
• Establishes and maintains clear and reasonable rules of conduct within the classroom and all areas of the school and grounds.
• Maintains accurate and daily attendance records.
• Promotes student growth in self-discipline and positive self-concept;
• Ensures objectivity in the teacher-student relationships, modeling understanding and respect.
• Initiates appropriate conferences with parents, guardians, administrators, etc. in accordance with school procedures;
• Effectively communicates with parents or guardians and students on matters related to student's academic progress, attendance, and conduct.
• Attends and participates in in-service and professional staff meetings utilizing any pertinent information and/or materials provided.
• May coordinate and attend class field trips; work in extra-curricular and after-school activities.
• Utilizes appropriate resources available in the community.
• Other duties as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS: Bachelor's Degree and appropriate Licensure issued by the Indiana State Board of Education.
• Knowledge of subject matter consistent with state certification requirements, contemporary principles and practices of teaching, and classroom and behavior management techniques.
• Ability to modify instruction to meet student needs.
• Collaborate with the school faculty and administration in the development and implementation of program of instruction.
• Works effectively with students, parents and/or guardians, staff members, and community representatives.
• Understands the physical, intellectual, social, and emotional patterns of pupils.
• Strong ability to apply contemporary principles and practices of teaching
• Solid oral and written communication skills and the ability to exercise interpersonal skills with sound and professional judgment. • Apple iPad learning environment