Part-Time position - Average 24 hours per week
Saint Paul Catholic School is seeking a highly organized individual with good interpersonal skills to manage all marketing and fundraising activity with a primary focus on growing enrollment. This position reports to the School Principal, and is supported by existing staff, Big Shoulders Fund, and ongoing professional development opportunities. Understands and supports the mission and purpose of the school. Additionally, the school community will be a source of volunteer assistance in carrying out specific tasks associated with enrollment, marketing and fundraising.
Job Duties: (Duties include, but are not limited to): Essential Job Functions:
Manage the school's critical market differentiation components of mission, value proposition and brand identity. Incorporate into an overall marketing strategy. Develop and deploy targeted marketing campaigns and communications sequences to positively position and promote the school's, mission to prospective students from day care centers, through real estate agents, at other Christian churches (Catholic and non-Catholic) without a school, and public schools within the community. Develop and conduct appropriately tailored new enrollment and student retention events including but not limited to local community festivals and parades, neighborhood parties, etc. Distribute and collect results from an annual survey. Develop metrics evaluating the relevance of the overall strategy and effectiveness of its implementation.
Enrollment/Student Recruitment 40%
- Creates and implements a comprehensive strategy aimed at increasing and maintaining enrollment.
- Works with the principal to identify activities and incentives to maximize student recruitment and retention.
- Coordinates student or staff-led tours for all prospective families.
- Managing the inquiry process, including initial contact and subsequent follow-up with prospective families.
- Engaging parents in marketing the school, managing family retention initiatives, etc. As well as, actively engaging with prospective families throughout the enrollment process.
- Conducting admissions events like open houses and shadow days, leading Catholic Schools Week, etc.
- Coordinates the publication of all promotional materials, including quarterly newsletters, brochures, posters, and fliers.
- Promotes the school through various social media outlets. Serves as the primary media liaison, focusing on the writing and submission of press releases, photos, Facebook posts, and ads. Assists in the maintenance and design of the school's website, including teacher/class updates and development and special event updates.
- Organizes parish and community relations activities such as flier distribution, parent presentations, local and school event participation, etc. Provides marketing related status reports to key stakeholders (e.g. school board, Archdiocese of Chicago, Big Shoulders Fund, other parties as needed).
Development/Fundraising 10%: Researches and identifies possible grant-makers and coordinates the proposal-writing and follow-up process. Identifies the key components to creating a successful alumni relations program, including a working database and reunion event.
Vouchers and SGO 10%: Assist the Principal and Pastor with the application process with School Vouchers and SGO donors.
Job Requirements: Active member of a Roman Catholic parish faith community. (Sometimes this requirement may be satisfied by a person who has knowledge of and is willing to function in a manner consistent with the mission of the Catholic Church).
Bachelor's degree preferred or equivalent experience. Previous sales and/or marketing experience in a commercial or non-profit setting.
Comfort with basic software such as MS Power Point, MS Excel, MS Word, etc. Proficient in graphic design platforms (i.e. Canva, Adobe In Design). Team player and spirit of service and cheerfulness, always. Excellent organizational capacity and demonstrated ability to be self-directed and self-motivated. Superb verbal and written communication skills. Confidence in pursuing enrollment opportunities, volunteer commitments, and opportunities outside of normal business hours. Willingness and confidence in pursuing enrollment opportunities, donations, volunteer commitments, etc. Demonstrated ability to work well with others including staff, families, students, donors, etc. Spanish fluency a plus.