The North Newton Jasper Pastorate in Indiana is looking for a Director of Operations for Sorrowful Mother in Wheatfield, St. Cecilia in DeMotte, and St. Augusta in Lake Village. Candidate will oversee the administration of strategic planning, human resources, finances, facilities, and communications across the parishes. Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Accounting, Finance or related area, or equivalent experience is required. Proficiency with computers, especially Microsoft Office programs, is required, and experience with accounting software and social media is preferred. Proficiency with the Spanish language and Latino cultures is desired.
The following is the job description for this position.
Provides strategic leadership for effective goal implementation and operational performance of the human resources, finances, facilities, and communications across the pastorate of the parishes of St. Augusta, Lake Village, St. Cecilia, DeMotte, and Sorrowful Mother, Wheatfield.
I. Strategic Goal Implementation
- Oversees the process of annual pastorate goal implementation, including the identification, executing, and evaluation of tasks.
- Organizes project work and ongoing interaction of the Pastorate Leadership Team members, key pastorate and parish leadership groups, and task forces.
- Identifies and incorporates best practices and innovative methods across the pastorate.
- Organizes communication of goal implementation progress to parishioners and diocesan leadership.
- Assures ongoing compliance with governmental laws and regulations and with diocesan policies.
II. Human Resources Management
- Manages pastorate or parish-specific administrative and facilities personnel and conduct employee performance reviews.
- Implements diocesan Human Resources policies and procedures.
- Manages payment of salaries and benefits of all pastorate employees.
- Oversees implementation of the guidelines and policies for volunteers.
- Oversees the implementation of and compliance with diocesan Safe Environment policies for all employees, volunteers, and minors with their families.
III. Financial Administration
- Prepares, communicates, and evaluates parish budgets, annual reports, profit & loss statements, balance sheets, accounts receivable, accounts payable, and general ledger, with ongoing reporting and reviews with pastorate leadership.
- Manages proper internal financial and operational controls in each parish.
- Oversees interaction with banks and other institutions providing accounts and services to the parishes.
- Oversees parish bookkeeping functions, including managing payables & receivables, and recording and tracking revenues and expenses.
- Oversees purchasing, contract negotiations, and vendor relationships across the pastorate.
- Acts as the staff liaison to Parish Finance Councils and provides support to the Pastoral Council and other parish councils, boards, and committees as needed.
- Coordinates capital campaign pledges and collections, fund raising events, pledge drives, parish offertory collections, and other financial stewardship activities across the pastorate.
- Oversees payment of all federal, state, and local taxes and compliance with all federal, state, and local regulations.
IV. Facilities Management
- Manages ongoing cleaning, maintenance, upkeep, security, and repair of buildings, equipment, and grounds at all parishes.
- Manages major repairs, renovations, and capital projects at all parishes.
- Acts as liaison to diocesan administrative agencies, parish facility committees, and government agencies.
V. Communications and Information
- Oversees content and distribution of parish communications about upcoming events and with reporting of recent activities to parishioners and others in the wider community.
- Oversees communication systems of bulletin publishing; mailings; website, social media, and other digital outlets; and extra-parish publicity channels.
- Oversees the maintenance of census of parishes and other databases.
- Oversees maintaining information technology and office equipment such as computers, internet, phone systems, copiers, and delivered mail and packages across the pastorate.
- Oversees the management of financial, operational, service, and sacramental records at all parishes.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.