We are seeking an experienced, faithful Catholic Pastoral Center Office Manager to become a part of our team!
Your full-time responsibilities will involve managing office operations, overseeing front desk operations, ordering office supplies, cultivating relationships with vendors, coordinating diocesan events, managing of facilities’ contracts for housekeeping, outside maintenance etc. This position requires an individual who takes initiative, attends to details, manages multiple tasks simultaneously, exhibits grace and composure under pressure, interacts positively with all staff in a fast-paced environment, and solves problems creatively. You’ll be a strong and reliable support to pastoral center operations. Not only will your efforts allow us to achieve and maintain organizational efficiency, but you will also nurture the pleasant work environment our people love.
Office Manager Job Responsibilities:
- Supports Pastoral Center operations by maintaining office systems and supervising front desk receptionist staff.
- Oversee and maintain general day-to-day office processes, office equipment for uninterrupted function, identify and fulfill office supply needs, mail, maintain, and manage vendors..
- Collaborates with and provides direct administrative support to Chief of Staff and other ministry leaders as needed, including scheduling meetings, and events, mailing and shipping packages, updating contact databases, and organizing, formatting and presenting data for strategic planning
- Designs and implements office policies by establishing standards and procedures.
- Assists with planning, organizing, and executing physical or virtual meetings and events such as the Diocesan Pastoral Council including working with the Chief of Staff to produce and distribute agendas, manage rsvp’s, pre-meeting study materials, surveys, and collateral materials
- Setting up hospitality for meeting spaces arranging technology and coordinating with other departments to facilitate various meetings.
- Manage all office’s keys for the building
- Serves as internal contact for Sacramental Records.
Office Manager Qualifications / Skills:
- Must be supportive of the Diocese of Gary mission and treat others with respect, keep commitments, and uphold diocesan values.
- Advanced computer skills and experience with Microsoft Office, with aptitude to learn new software.
- Ability to manage and maintain sensitive information in a confidential manner. Maintain high ethical and professional standards.
- Ability to work independently while keeping the Chief of Staff and/or others informed on projects or assignments.
Education, Experience, and Licensing Requirements:
- High school diploma, GED, or equivalent, two to three years’ proven success in office management. Good judgment with the ability to make timely and sound decisions, exhibits attitude for continuous improvement and a standard of excellence in customer service