A part time Classroom Aide is needed at Nativity of Our Savior School in Portage, Ind. We are a PreK-8 Catholic School in the Diocese of Gary. This person will assist the classroom teacher with supervision and management of the students in our classrooms.
- Adapt classroom activities, assignments and/or materials (e.g. art projects, computer, language skills, etc.) as designated by the teacher.
- Administer classroom assignments for the purpose of supporting teacher's instruction.
- Assist students, individually or in small groups, with lesson assignments (e.g. read stories, writing assistance, language skills, numbers, alphabet, computer programs, etc).
- Strong communication with teacher for the purpose of assisting in evaluating progress and/or implementing class objectives.
- Maintain classroom equipment, work areas including sanitizing, as needed.
- Monitor individual and/or groups of students in a variety of settings (e.g. classroom, lunchroom, playground, field trips, etc.)
- Perform general clerical tasks (e.g. laminating, making posters, making copies, bulletin boards, filing, newsletters, etc.)
- Report observations and incidents relating to specific students (e.g. accidents, fights, appropriate and/or inappropriate social behavior, violations of rules, safety conditions, etc.)
- Maintain a high level of confidentiality regarding students.
Note: This list is not inclusive. The employee may be expected to perform other duties requested by the classroom teacher and/or Principal
The successful candidate will demonstrate the following:
- Patience and flexibility
- Ability to work independently and cooperatively
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
- Previous experience in a classroom is preferred
- Compliance with Safe Environment requirements and approved background check.