We are currently seeking candidates for the position of Director of Evangelization, Family Life, and Pastoral Ministries to assist the Missionary Pastor with the pastoral care of the Pastorate. This role includes pastoral planning along with supervision of Directors and/or Coordinators of the following ministry areas: Lifelong Formation, Liturgy and Music, Pastoral Care and Community Care, other Parish Ministries to include Religious Education, Youth Group and Outreach. The Director of Evangelization, Family Life, and Pastoral Ministries supports, accompanies, and equips the leaders in these ministerial areas to focus their attention beyond parishioners and into the community at large as they strive to facilitate making disciples of Jesus Christ, building vibrant communities of faith and inspiring men and women to be witnesses of Christ to the world.
In the context of Uniting in Heart 2030, the Director of Evangelization, Family Life, and Pastoral Ministries serves on the leadership team and ensures the participation and faithful witness of the laity in the Church’s pastoral mission and in all ministries of the parish. The director will create opportunities for lay participation, provide them with adequate training when necessary, and trust them with ministries and responsibilities in a Church where all live out their Christian commitment acquired in baptism and confirmation as the people of God in a truly pilgrim Church. The Director accompanies the community in their proper and specific mission in the world for the transformation of situations and just structures according to the criteria of the Gospel.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university with study in Theology, Divinity, Pastoral Studies or equivalent.
- At least three years of experience in parish ministry and/ or management, or coordinated missionary activities of a non-for profit organization. Proven track record coaching or developing others.
- Three or more years of leadership experience in parish ministry desired.
- Three or more years of leadership/management experience.
- Fully committed to the Catholic Church’s teaching. Mature discipleship evidenced in ability to comfortably witness the faith. Comprehensive vision and understanding of evangelization and parish vitality. Solid grounding in Catholic identity and the faith tradition. Strong ability to collaborate and work effectively in a team among clergy, staff, volunteers, and parish grouping. Strong ability to form a community of missionary disciples through encounter, accompaniment, and sending forth.
- Strong ability to communicate effectively with a wide variety of people from varied social, ethnic, and cultural backgrounds
- Comfortable acting as a catalyst and change agent for defining future strategies and goals. Focuses on delivery and motivating others to reach ambitious goals.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Able to honor & maintain confidentiality.
- Able to pass and maintain Diocesan child safety protocols.