The Diocese of Gary is redefining its structure to best serve the people in our communities and advance the mission of Christ. With the creation of the full time Ministry Assistant position, we will provide advanced administrative functions for the ministry team comprised of Evangelization, Marriage and Family Life, Intercultural ministry and Youth and Young Adult ministry. This includes Spanish bilingual, translation services, social media updates, minor website maintenance, and day to day office administrative support such as mail, correspondence, and phone work. Reporting to the Chief of Staff, the Ministry Assistant will be responsible for joyfully giving direct support to further ministry goals in the Diocese of Gary.
- Verbal and written communication skills in English and Spanish
- Microsoft Office skills (primarily Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Attention to detail, trustworthy
- Organizational and analytical skills with the ability to multi-task
- Basic computer skills to navigate browser and databases
- High School Diploma and at least 3 years administrative experience