The Catholic pastorate of Muncie, Indiana, is seeking a full-time Director of Evangelization, Family Life, and Pastoral Ministries. This pastorate including three Catholic Churches (St. Francis of Assisi Newman Center, St. Lawrence Parish, St. Mary Parish), two Catholic school campuses (St. Lawrence Grade School, and St. Mary Grade School & St. Pope John Paul II Middle School), and Ball State University Newman Ministry.
The Director will assist the Missionary Pastor with the pastoral care of the Pastorate to include fostering evangelization, pastoral planning, and supervision of staff and volunteers in the following ministry areas: Life long Faith Formation, Liturgy and Music, Pastoral Care and Community Care, Campus Ministry, other Parish Ministries, and Outreach. The Director supports, accompanies, and equips the leaders in these areas to focus their attention on parishioners and into the community at large as they strive to facilitate making disciples of Jesus Christ, building vibrant communities of faith, and inspiring men and women to be witnesses of Christ to the world.
- Bachelor's Degree in Pastoral Studies, Theology, Faith Formation, or related area (or equivalent experience).
- At least three years of experience in parish ministry and/or management of a non-profit organization.
- Three or more years of leadership/management experience.
- Proven track record coaching or developing others.
- Must be a practicing Catholic in good standing.
- Fully committed to the Catholic Church's teaching. Mature discipleship evidenced in ability to comfortably witness the faith.
- Comprehensive vision and understanding of evangelization and parish vitality.
- Strong ability to collaborate and work effectively in a team among clergy, staff, and volunteers.
- Strong ability to form a community of missionary disciples through encounter, accompaniment, and sending forth.
- Proficiency with computers, especially Microsoft Office programs, is required.
- Able to honor & maintain confidentially.
- Able to pass and maintain Diocesan child safety protocols.