Performs general cleaning and minor maintenance duties in maintaining school building, adjacent walks, grounds, and equipment in clean, orderly and functional condition.
Ideal candidate will work from 1-6pm.
● Receives oral or written orders from Head Supervisor and Head of Building Services.
● Performs work according to standard procedure and by building's operational schedule.
● Cleans rooms, hallways, restrooms, locker rooms, offices, stairways and windows.
● Uses brooms, mops, and floor equipment to sweep, mop, strip and wax floors.
● Uses vacuum cleaners to clean rugs, carpets, upholstered furniture and blinds.
● Dusts furniture and equipment.
● Washes walls, ceilings, woodwork, windows, doors and sills.
● Makes minor carpentry, electrical, mechanical and plumbing repairs.
● Performs touch up and finish painting.
● Empties wastebaskets.
● Replenishes restroom supplies.
● Replaces light bulbs.
● Sets up and tears down chairs, tables and equipment in meeting rooms, and function rooms.
● Prepares rooms for use by Library Board and organizations.
● Clears snow from entrances and walkways.
● Picks up and delivers supplies and materials to rooms.
● Follows all applicable safety rules and procedures.
● Opens and closes library building according to security procedures.
● Reports work accomplished orally or on written work order to supervisor.
● Participates in general cleaning, painting, and repair work.
● Uses hand tools and power tools in making minor maintenance repairs and maintaining grounds and walks.
● Assists in shipping and receiving of library supplies and materials.
● Provides assistance to officials, staff, visitors, and other employees as necessary.
● Checks building at beginning and end of shifts.
● Participates in building coverage by working evenings and Saturday rotation as required.
● The skills and knowledge required would generally be obtained with previous experience in building cleaning and maintenance work.
● Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved oral or written instructions.
● Ability to relate to officials, staff and public in a courteous manner.
● Ability to acquire job skills with three months of on-the-job training.
● Ability to lift and carry objects weighing from 25-50 pounds.
● Ability to work occasionally in poor weather conditions, including heat, cold, rain, or snow.
License or Certificate not applicable.