We are looking for an individual with excellent communication skills (in both English and Spanish) with a positive attitude. Establishes and maintains a healthy and pleasant atmosphere for the staff, students, parents, and visitors.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to multi-task in a high traffic office.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Must speak English and Spanish and possess excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Competency in typing and using Microsoft Office and Google Suite Applications.
- Prior experience as a receptionist in a school and knowledge of the School Choice Program and Renweb/Facts Database is preferred.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Other duties may be assigned.
- Utilize positive human relationship skills with administration, staff, parents, students, and all visitors.
- Follows procedures when answering the phones, makes and receives telephone calls,takes messages, and routes calls.
- Uses proper procedures and policies when allowing students or visitors into the building.
- Operates standard office equipment, e.g., computer (data entry), telephone, laptop, and Ipad.
- Works closely with the Admissions Office to stay informed of the admissions process and FAQ of prospective students.
- Works closely with all school departments; counselors, finance, admissions, athletics, and campus ministry to assist families with commonly asked questions.
- Individual must be willing to ask questions and gather information to best service our customers.
- Supervise parents, volunteers, and students to adhere to safety practices.
- Assure guests are compliant with Virtus policies.
- Maintains all family service hour assignments.
- Responsible for typing reports, memos, forms, and other correspondence, as needed.
- Provides clerical support for administrator and other office personnel, when appropriate.
- Assists the principal, teachers, parents, and students with all their needs.
- Assists incoming visitors to the school and resolves parent concerns.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to operate personal and mainframe computers and related software.
- Ability to develop effective working relationships with students, staff, and the school community.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to perform duties with awareness of all related corporation policies and state requirements.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to:
- Lift and pull or push articles up to 50 pounds.
- He/she sits most of the time but must walk frequently and stand to assist customers.
- The employee is required to reach with his/her hands and continuously to repeat the same hand, arm, or finger motion many times as in typing.
- Manual and finger dexterity are essential to the job.
- He/she is constantly working to meet deadlines with severe time constraints.
- He/she must see and read fine print such as typed or handwritten materials and have good depth perception (fine muscle control).
- The employee must, also, be able to hear conversation in a noisy environment and to communicate clearly and concisely through speech.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.