- Model and demonstrate Catholic teachings at all school sponsored events.
- Educates students by planning and developing course of study according to curriculum guidelines; provided by the school and state requirements.
- Tailors course of study by developing modifications for several levels of academic ability based off of student needs.
- Develops and presents lesson plans by using a variety of techniques, including lectures, projects, exhibits, field trips, audiovisual and library resources, computers, and the internet.
- Monitors, assists, correct, and grades student results by preparing assignments and tests for in-school preparation and homework; conducting standardized tests in accordance with school policies and state law.
- Maintains order in the classroom by counseling students with behavioral problems; consulting with other professionals where there appears to be evidence of learning disabilities, drug, or alcohol abuse, problems of social adjustment, or child abuse.
- Maintains safe, secure, and healthy educational environment by establishing, following, and enforcing standards and procedures; complying with legal regulations.
- Intercepts deterioration in achievement by consulting counselor when student is having academic difficulties; drawing on the school systems's resources for additional academic assistance.
- Keeps parents informed by maintaining records or academic performance, attendance, and social acclimation; reporting on all elements of student development at parent-teacher conferences, both regularly scheduled and as-needed.
- Provide student support services by monitoring halls, study periods, lunchroom, and recess; sponsoring student organizations or activities.
- Updates job knowledge by attending faculty meetings; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining person networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Enhances school's reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Any other responsibilities as assigned by principal.
Masters is a preference, Indiana Teaching License, Classroom Management, Verbal Communication, Resolving Conflict, Presentation Skills, Self-Motivated, Motivating Other, Listening, Collaborative Teaching - K-12, Deal with Uncertainty, Objectivity, Confidentiality.