Bishop Noll Institute is seeking a Director of Admissions, this is a full-time, year-round position that reports directly to the principal.
The Director of Admissions oversees all aspects of admissions, recruitment and financial aid and will direct the admissions process from inquiry through enrollment. The Director will lead a collaborative effort to develop and implement both short- term and long-term recruitment strategies to ensure The Bishop Noll Institute meets enrollment objectives.
The ideal candidate will be a data driven decision maker, an experienced admission and financial aid professional, and a creative leader in admission, recruitment and retention. The Director will develop and lead inclusive outreach efforts to draw diverse families to the school and ensure that Bishop Noll Institute continues to enroll promising students who both thrive as part of the school community and in turn contribute to the community as a whole.
The Director should be a team player who has a warm collaborative nature, positive energy, sense of humor, possess superior organization and prioritization skills and is self-motivated in the completion of his/her work. She/he will have exceptional communication and interpersonal skills including outstanding writing and public speaking skills and the ability to interact comfortably with a variety of people. This person will have a genuine empathy for prospective families and an awareness of the needs and sensitivities of parents, students, faculty, staff and administrators and ultimately be able to manage expectations and deliver admissions decisions in a manner that is honest, caring, and diplomatic.
PRIMARY ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Represent Bishop Noll Institute and serve as the face of the school to the school and broader community and with prospective families while communicating the mission.
- Engage and inform prospective parents and students about Bishop Noll and the benefits of a Bishop Noll Institute education on an individual, small, and large group basis.
- Inspire the community to actively participate in admissions events including; individual and group tours, student shadow visits, curricular information sessions, student observations/testing/interview, parent to parent connections, and individual family conversations.
- Establish and maintain positive relationships with area educational constituencies including area schools, preschools, consultants, admissions directors and organizations and create networking opportunities.
- Lead and develop a communications plan with prospective families to move them from inquiry to enrollment.
- Oversee and participate in the development of admissions materials, events and marketing practices.
- Coordinate systematic and efficient handling of the student admissions process from application to enrollment, all the while maintaining open communication with prospective families
- Manage parent and student expectations and deliver admissions decisions in a manner that is honest, caring, and diplomatic.
- Oversee the selection process of new students including the work of the admissions and financial aid committees and maintain the school's historic admissions statistics.
- Lead retention efforts with the principal.
- Manage and support the financial aid process and participate in policy decisions, messaging/communications, award review meetings, and efforts with community partners.
- Manage admissions staff including providing clear communication regarding responsibilities, practices, and feedback.
- Manage the admissions budget.
- Other duties as assigned.
Admissions Director Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university
- Ability to analyze and interpret information
- Strong interpersonal, presentation, networking and verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency with Google Suites and/or Microsoft Office
- Excellent organizational skills
- Some sales and marketing skills may prove beneficial
- Experience with education or admissions a plus