The Administrative Assistant fills a key role to support members of the administrative team at Bishop Noll Institute, a Catholic, co-educational and college prep high school under the auspices of the Roman Catholic Diocese of Gary. BNI is the largest school in the Diocese, and is celebrating its 100th school year in 2020-21. It has a rich tradition of forming young men and women in mind, body and soul. Located only 3 miles from the Chicago city limits, BNI is an A-rated school by the Indiana Dept. of Education.
The Administrative Assistant will report directly to the President, with duties serving the offices of the President, Admissions, Advancement and Tuition Services. The Administrative Assistant is expected to communicate (in writing and spoken word) fluently in English and in Spanish, and is either a practicing Catholic or is understanding and supportive of the primary tenets of the Catholic faith. The Administrative Assistant is part of a mission-driven team in a positive environment that works for the betterment of the youth we serve.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides administrative support to ensure efficient operation of the offices referenced above.
- Assists the President and other administrators with scheduling, correspondence, making arrangements and additional tasks.
- Maintains and processes accurate records related to alumni relations, fundraising, enrollment, tuition awards, School Board meetings, committee meetings, and more.
- Assists in the organization of special meetings and events related to above duties.
- Compile, input, format, organize and edit relevant data as needed or requested, and prepare in a usable format.
- Exhibits polite and professional communication via phone, e-mail and mail to internal and external constituents; provides information by answering questions and requests in a timely manner.
- Maintains supplies inventory and status of office equipment to ensure operational efficiencies; anticipates needed supplies and places orders accordingly.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
WORK HOURS AND BENEFITS
This is a daytime Monday-Friday position, with occasional duties for special events or projects on evenings/weekends. Compensation is commensurate with experience. Excellent insurance package and retirement savings plan with employer match are offered.
NEEDED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Verbal and written communication skills in English and Spanish
- Microsoft Office skills (primarily Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Experience using G Suite (Google Docs, Sheets, Calendar, Slides and Forms)
- Organizational and analytical skills with the ability to multi-task
- Basic computer skills to navigate browser and databases
- Working knowledge of office equipment, like printers and fax machines
- Problem-solving and analyzing information
- High attention to detail and composure under deadline
- Excellent time management, with the ability to prioritize work
- High school diploma; additional experience as an administrative assistant or secretary will be a plus
- Valid driver’s license and current automobile insurance