Aquinas Catholic Community School in Merrillville, Indiana is in search of an elementary music teacher who:
- Demonstrates enthusiasm and commitment toward the position and the mission of Aquinas Catholic Community School
- Utilizes the Indiana Department of Education curriculum standards to guide instruction.
- Develops lesson plans, assessments, and appropriate instructional aids aligned to research based best practices.
- Seeks to continue growing as an educator and shares knowledge with others.
- Differentiates instructions and uses creativity to adapt curriculum to the needs of each scholar.
- Evaluates scholar progress in knowledge and skills.
- Builds and maintains a positive rapport with students, staff and parents while creating an engaging learning environment.
- Is skilled in areas of time management, student management, organization, integrating technology and communication.
Performs all other assigned duties.
The ideal Aquinas candidate is a faith-filled passionate educator who works hard to create an environment where students feel safe and inspired to be their very best. We seek an educator with a genuine love for children who is dedicated to ensuring students succeed. Music teachers are responsible for classroom instruction as well as a Christmas program and Choir singing during weekly school masses.
Aquinas Part-Time Educators Benefit From:
- Competitive pay, above the diocesan salary scale
- Several opportunities to increase earning by accepting additional responsibilities
- Partial tuition scholarships for their children
- Emphasis on discipline, responsibility and accountability: ACCS experiences few discipline issues
- Strong parental support
- Opportunity to share faith and instill moral character in students
- Employment that feels like family
The ideal candidate would hold or be in the process of obtaining an Indiana teaching license.