Aquinas Catholic Community School in Merrillville, Indiana is in search of a middle school teacher who:
- Demonstrates enthusiasm and commitment toward the position and the mission of Aquinas Catholic Community School.
- Utilizes the Indiana Department of Education curriculum standards to guide instruction.
- Develops lesson plans, assessments, and appropriate instructional aids aligned to research based best practices.
- Seeks to continue growing as an educator and shares knowledge with others.
- Differentiates instruction and uses creativity to adapt curriculum to the needs to each scholar.
- Evaluates scholar progress in knowledge and skills based on both data and classwork.
- Builds and maintains a positive rapport with students, staff and parents while creating an engaging learning environment.
- Is skilled in areas of time management, student management, organization, integrating technology and communication.
- Performs all other assigned duties.
The ideal Aquinas candidate is a faith-filled passionate educator who works hard to create an environment where students feel safe and inspired to be their very best. We seek an educator with a genuine love for children who is dedicated to ensuring students succeed.
Aquinas Educator Benefit Form:
- Competitive pay, above the diocesan salary scale.
- Several opportunities to increase earning by accepting additional responsibilities.
- Excellent medical, dental and vision insurance.
- 403b Plan
- Full tuition scholarships for their children.
- Emphasis on discipline, responsibility and accountability: ACCS experiences few discipline issues.
- Strong parental support.
- Opportunity to share faith and instill moral character in students.
- Employment that feels like family.
Candidates must hold or be in the process of obtaining an Indiana teaching license.