Andrean High School is a Roman Catholic, co-educational high school, sponsored by the Diocese of Gary, Indiana, located in Northwest Indiana. Founded in 1959, Andrean has an enrollment of approximately 414 students with a strong diverse student population. Andrean High School is an A-rated school, fully accredited by the North Central Association Commission on Accreditation and School Improvement Department of AdvancED.
School Mission: 59ers transform the world in positive, prophetic ways through faith, learning, leadership, and service.
Process: Application materials should be sent to: Andrean High School, c/o Mrs. Kelly Fitzgerald, 5959 Broadway, Merrillville, IN 46410, or firstname.lastname@example.org
Application materials should include the following:
- Cover letter and resume
- 3 Professional References
- Copy of academic transcripts and copy of current teaching license
Applicants must have the following:
- Degree and Experience requirements: Minimum of a Bachelor's Degree in teaching, or a minimum of a Bachelor's Degree in a related field with a certified transition to teaching program.
- Licensure Requirements: Current teaching license with an endorsement in Math
- School/Diocesan Requirements
- Valid driver's license;
- If applicable, the candidate will be in good standing with the current educational institution;
- Practicing Catholic or Christian preferred; and
- VIRTUS trained (safe environment) and is subject to the Diocese of Gary expanded background check.
Application Deadline: Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
We are seeking a highly motivated High School teacher who has content knowledge and/or experience teaching Math
The Teacher will:
- Articulate course objectives that are aligned with the Indiana Department of Education for content area teaching;
- Support the Diocese of Gary mission, and Andrean High School vision and four mission pillars of faith, learning, leadership, and service; and follows the guidelines as established in the Diocese of Gary Employee Handbook and the Andrean Employee Handbook.
- Create a positive organized class, and deals with inappropriate behavior quickly and effectively according to the school behavior policy;
- Develop lesson plans, adapt the curriculum to meet individual student needs, and utilize effective teaching techniques in translating lesson plans into productive student learning experiences which best utilize the time available for instruction.
- Utilize computers and other technological classroom support equipment in student instruction.
- Plan and conduct activities for a balanced program of instruction, demonstration, and work time that provides students with opportunities to observe, questions, and investigate.
- Evaluate academic and social growth of students, prepare quizzes, tests, and final exams. Keeps appropriate records to include student attendance reports, inventory, grades and other recordkeeping activities as necessary; and
- Attend department, all-school and Diocesan meetings, events, and professional development as required by the Andrean Administration.
Opportunities exist to be involved in extracurricular activities as well (e.g., Club Moderator, Academic Coach, and Athletic Coach).
Salary Range: Based on the Diocese of Gary, Indiana teacher salary schedule
Reporting Relationship: Reports to Principal and Assistant Principal
Andrean High School is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, age, ancestry, or the presence of a disability, which, with reasonable accommodation, does not impair performance of professional responsibilities. Being a practicing Catholic in good standing with the Catholic Church may be a requirement depending on the position sought.