Andrean High School is a Roman Catholic, co-educational high school, sponsored by the Diocese of Gary, Indiana, located in Northwest Indiana. Founded in 1959, Andrean has an enrollment of approximately 400 students with a strong diverse student population. Andrean High School is an A-rated school, fully accredited by the North Central Association Commission on Accreditation and School Improvement Department of AdvancED.
School Mission: 59ers transform the world in positive, prophetic ways through faith, learning, leadership, and service.
Under direction, the primary responsibilities of this position are performing routine duties involved in the preparation and serving of food as part of the kitchen facilities and equipment operations and cleaning under the supervision of the Director of Food Services.
Essential functions and duties:
- Uses standardized recipes to prepare menu items according to the schedule
- Recording all times and temperatures on their appropriate logs
- Serving food properly to students, staff and faculty according to the standardized plan
- Setting up hot and cold food stations (pre wrapping food items), properly stocking stations/counters and carts with plates, napkins and condiments
- Washing and properly sanitizing dishes, trays, pots, pans and other utensils in a commercial dishwasher and/or sink
- Operating a variety of kitchen equipment including ovens, steamers, hot and cold storage cabinets, slicers, can openers and mixers.
- Picks up paper and other debris from the school cafeteria, empty garbage cans within the cafeteria
- Sweeps cafeteria kitchen floor and adjacent student cafeteria and faculty lounge; in addition to sanitizing tables.
- Ensuring compliance with established food safety practices regarding proper dress and sanitation, as outlined in the personnel handbook and food safety standardized procedures.
- Performs other tasks as assigned by the supervisor.
Andrean High School is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, age, ancestry, or the presence of a disability, which, with reasonable accommodation, does not impair performance of professional responsibilities. Being a practicing Catholic in good standing with the Catholic Church may be a requirement depending on the position sought.