Andrean High School is a Roman Catholic, co-educational high school, sponsored by the Diocese of Gary, Indiana, located in Northwest Indiana. Founded in 1959, Andrean has an enrollment of approximately 414 students with a strong diverse student population. Andrean High School is an A-rated school, fully accredited by the North Central Association Commission on Accreditation and School Improvement Department of AdvancED.
School Mission: 59ers transform the world in positive, prophetic ways through faith, learning, leadership, and service.
Process: Application materials should be sent to: Andrean High School, c/o Mr. Mike Schultz, 5959 Broadway, Merrillville, IN 46410, or firstname.lastname@example.org
Application materials should include the following:
- Cover letter and resume
- 3 Professional References
- Copy of academic transcripts and copy of relevant coach certifications
Applicants must have the following:
- Degree and Experience requirements: minimum of a Bachelor's Degree, relevant coaching experience at the high school or college level
- School/Diocesan Requirements
- Valid driver's license;
- If applicable, in good standing with current educational institution;
- Practicing Catholic or Christian preferred; and
- VIRTUS trained (safe environment) and is subject to the Diocese of Gary expanded background check.
Application Deadline: Open until hired
- Experience with coaching soccer at the high school level or higher;
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, communication and leadership skills; and
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff, students, parents, officials and members of the Andrean community, and Northwest Crossroads Conference members.
In accordance with Andrean High School's Catholic mission and vision, a successful candidate will direct and support the Basketball Program to bring out the best in each student athlete's attitude, commitment, and abilities in the classroom, on the court, and in their lives.
A Successful Candidate:
- Will establish and help lead a successful Basketball Program that includes the development of self-discipline, character, teamwork, leadership, citizenship, responsibility, academic excellence and character formation; and fiscally responsible;
- Serves as an example of exceptional professional conduct and be mindful of their representation of Andrean High School;
- Encourages student participation and manage the successful day-to-day operations of the Basketball Program;
- Conducts try-outs to build a successful program;
- Practices occur after school or before school and coach must be on time for each practice and performance;
- Follows and supports the Diocese of Gary Employee Handbook, and the Andrean High School student, staff and athletic handbooks;
- Supports the Diocese of Gary mission, and Andrean High School four mission pillars of faith, learning, leadership and service; and
- Attends athletic, all-school, Conference, IHSAA and Diocesan meetings, and events and professional development, as directed by the Andrean Administration.
Opportunities to each in various subject areas exist for candidates who are licensed secondary education teachers.
Salary Range: Andrean High School Athletic Department salary scale based on years of experience and level of experience.
Reporting Relationship: Reports to Athletic Director
Andrean High School is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, age, ancestry, or the presence of a disability, which, with reasonable accommodation, does not impair performance of professional responsibilities. Being a practicing Catholic in good standing with the Catholic Church may be a requirement depending on the position sought.