Andrean High School is a Roman Catholic, co-educational high school, sponsored by the Diocese of Gary, Indiana, located in Northwest Indiana. Founded in 1959, Andrean has an enrollment of approximately 400 students with a strong diverse student population.
School Mission: 59ers transform the world in positive, prophetic ways through faith, learning, leadership, and service.
To assume management responsibilities for the direction, coordination, integration and implementation of technology across Andrean High School. The Technology Technician will be responsible for the planning, installing and maintaining physical technology systems. This is a hands on position with responsibilities that range from strategic and long-range planning, to providing one-on-one and group training and support. Experience working in the education field is important for understanding how technology supports educational outcomes.
Essential Functions and Duties:
- Exceptional Customer Service: understanding the diverse needs of our customer base - teachers, administration, staff, parents and the entire school community.
- Commitment to the mission of Andrean High School and how operational technology supports every student, everyday, remotely and in-person.
- Strong organizational skills and detail oriented. Ability to plan and prepare.
- Maintains technology equipment and systems (e.g. servers, telephone systems, intercoms, alarms, surveillance cameras, software applications, network).
- Manages procurement, inventory and surplus of technology equipment, systems and related services for the purpose of ensuring that all technology purchases for goods and/or services are consistent with our technology objectives.
- Keen knowledge High School State Testing
- Provides training on instructional technology products, google suite, administrative systems, internet services and other communication products when appropriate and as directed.
- Ability to manage different models of devices, roll out images, software and apps. Able to maintain logs and databases.
- Effective communication and teamwork skills. Willingness to be flexible with work hours. May have to work weekends.
- Maintain confidentiality of information about students and employees.
- Arranges setup of computer and audiovisual equipment for special programs and meetings as directed by the administration.
- Performs such other duties as may be assigned by administration.
- Valid driver’s license;
- If applicable, candidate will be in good standing with current educational institution;
- VIRTUS trained (safe-environment) and is subject to the Diocese of Gary expanded background check.
Education/Certification: Bachelors’ Degree in computer science, information technology and security, management of information systems or related areas.
- At least 2 years experience working with software support, data management, systems integration.
- At least 1 year experience supporting servers, networks and troubleshooting hardware and software.
- Experience in K-12 Education is preferred
Reporting Relationship: Reports to the Assistant Principal/Principal
Application Deadline: Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Andrean High School is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, age, ancestry, or the presence of a disability, which, with reasonable accommodation, does not impair performance of professional responsibilities. Being a practicing Catholic in good standing with the Catholic Church may be a requirement depending on the position sought.