Andrean High School is a Roman Catholic, co-educational high school, sponsored by the Diocese of Gary, Indiana, located in Northwest Indiana. Founded in 1959, Andrean has an enrollment of approximately 400 students with a strong diverse student population. Andrean High School is an A-rated school, fully accredited by the North Central Association Commission on Accreditation and School Improvement Department of AdvancED.
School Mission: 59ers transform the world in positive, prophetic ways through faith, learning, leadership, and service.
Position Opening: Director of Development - full time
Salary Range: $50,000 - $80,000
Reporting Relationship: Reports to Principal
- Valid driver’s license;
- If applicable, candidate will be in good standing with current educational institution;
- Practicing Catholic or Christian preferred; and
- VIRTUS trained (safe-environment) and is subject to the Diocese of Gary expanded background check.
Application Deadline: Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Preferred start date: August 1, 2020
Job Goal: The Director of Development fulfills the mission of Andrean High School by planning, guiding, implementing, and evaluating the philanthropic fundraising initiatives, its campaigns, and activities. The Development Director has decision making responsibilities within essential job functions, in keeping with school policies, development policies, fundraising best practices, and state/federal law. The position is hired and reports to the principal of AHS.
- BA (required), MA (Preferred)
- Experience in philanthropic fundraising preferred. (CFRE a plus)
- Demonstrated excellence in organizational, managerial, and communication skills.
- First-hand knowledge of Raiser’s Edge NXT with operational experience.
- Possess the skills to work with and motivate, staff, board members, clergy, volunteers, and the community at large.
- Have a desire to get out of the office and build external relationships.
- Be a “self-starter” and goal driven to initiate donor visits and philanthropic fundraising goals.
- Be organized and exhibit “follow through” on tasks and goals.
Essential functions and duties:
- Support and uphold the philosophy of Catholic education and the mission of Andrean High School.
- Collaborate with the Principal and their designee to plan, develop, implement, and evaluate the comprehensive development plan supporting school needs, its Strategic Plan, and budget objectives.
- Develops actionable strategies for meeting and exceeding the goals of the first four levels of the fundraising pyramid.
- Raises awareness of Andrean High School and its primary goals through Direct Mail, In Kind Giving, Special Events, and Social Media.
- Manage the school’s annual giving program, the major gift program, and assist with capital campaigns with various constituency groups including but not limited to the Endowment Board, faculty/staff, parents, friends, alumni, alumni relatives, and the community at large.
- Implement annual appeal activities including timelines for mailings and annual solicitations, volunteer recruitment, training/development, preparing collateral material, facilitating mailings, identifying, and training support groups, facilitating appeal videos, and planning and attending essential school gatherings.
- Serves as the primary research officer for development, identifying prospective donors.
- Secures financial support from individuals, foundations, and corporations,
- Manages the implementation of Raiser’s Edge NXT and oversees staff responsibility for data entry and gift processing.
- Develops and maintains ongoing relationships with major donors.
- Cultivates, Stewards, and Solicits qualified major donors.
- Overseeing the organization and implementation of Development Department Special Events.
- Tracks revenue, predicts future and fundraising trends, then uses the information to predict future opportunities for expansion efforts and avoid any downtrends in individual, corporate or foundation gifts.
- Reports quarterly the status of entry level fundraising initiatives.
- Implements and maintains the donor recognition program.
- Working in a fast-paced environment with priorities and plans that change rapidly.
- May be required to use personal or school vehicles to drive to schools or other off-site locations.
- Traveling within and outside school to meetings and other events may be required, and travel may include overnight lodging.
Andrean High School is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, age, ancestry, or the presence of a disability, which, with reasonable accommodation, does not impair performance of professional responsibilities. Being a practicing Catholic in good standing with the Catholic Church may be a requirement depending on the position sought.