Andrean High School is a Roman Catholic, co-educational high school, sponsored by the Diocese of Gary, Indiana, located in Northwest Indiana. Founded in 1959, Andrean has an enrollment of approximately 400 students with a strong diverse student population. Andrean High School is an A-rated school, fully accredited by the North Central Association Commission on Accreditation and School Improvement Department of AdvancED.
School Mission: 59ers transform the world in positive, prophetic ways through faith, learning, leadership, and service.
Under direction, to maintain an assigned school facility (Andrean High School) in a clean, orderly and secure manner following a predetermined schedule.
Essential functions and duties:
- Keeps building and property clean
- Performs heavy cleaning duties
- Pick up paper and other debris from school grounds, walk areas and the areas adjacent to the school facilities.
- Sweep concrete and blacktop services adjacent to the school grounds; remove snow from the same areas.
- Perform emergency cleanup service resulting from breakage, vandalism, spilling and illness.
- Scrubs, sanitizes and supplies restroom facilities
- Dust furniture, walls and equipment
- Cleans windows, mirrors and partitions with soap and water
- Mixes cleaning solutions and chemicals in containers in preparation for cleaning, according to instructions
- Perform other tasks as assigned by the supervisor.
- Perform general custodial duties
Application materials should include the following:
- Cover letter and resume
- 2 Professional references
- Valid driver’s license;
- If applicable, candidate will be in good standing with current educational institution;
- Practicing Catholic or Christian preferred; and
- VIRTUS trained (safe-environment) and is subject to the Diocese of Gary expanded background check
Salary Range: $10.00 - $15.00 per hour (29 hours per week).
Reporting Relationship: Reports to Director of Facilities/Maintenance Supervisor and Assistant Principal.
Application Deadline: Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Andrean High School is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, age, ancestry, or the presence of a disability, which, with reasonable accommodation, does not impair performance of professional responsibilities. Being a practicing Catholic in good standing with the Catholic Church may be a requirement depending on the position sought.